Thursday, April 24, 2008

What's New With Nora

Nora turned 8 months last Monday! This past month has flown by....seriously, where did it go? Here are a few things that we've been up to and a few notes on what's new with Nora:

- We have had a sick household the past few weeks. Nora has had her first and second runny nose and has had her first ear infection. With the exception of a few days, she was a pretty good trooper and wasn't too cranky! I kept trying to convince myself that my "allergies" were severe being that this is our first spring in Tennessee, but after a week of severe congestion, I went to the doctor and found out that I had a double ear infection and sinusitis. Jonathan got a mild version of a sinus infection as well. Thankfully, however, JB and I are doing much better and Nora has just finished up with a bit of a runny nose.

- Nora officially has 2 teeth! Her bottom two broke out one after the other at the beginning of April. She looks pretty cute, and the teeth add a whole new dynamic to her appearance.

- Nora has mastered peek-a-boo. She can now cover her eyes with her hands and will play with you if you catch at the right time. In the beginning, she didn't quite get the covering your eyes thing and would just bring both of her hands up beside her head and then pull them back down. But she's got the hang of it now.

- Nora is now a clapper! We're having lots of fun playing "Pat-A-Cake" and "If You're Happy and You Know It." She just has to hear the first line of "Pat-A-Cake, Pat-A-Cake" and she instantly breaks out with a smile and begins clapping.

- Nora continues to be a chatty girl. She just babbles and babbles....it's the funniest thing!

- I went to a women's conference the first weekend of April and left Nora for the first time. Jonathan kept Nora overnight, and they both did great! I don't even think Nora missed me a bit.

- Now that Nora has mastered sitting up, I have been waiting for her to get mobile, but she is still happy as can be to stay in one place. I am noticing that she's getting more frustrated when she can't reach an object that she wants, so hopefully she will muster the motivation to get going....just a little bit, anyway. ;)

Well, that's the most of the lastest in our household. We'll keep you posted with the newest in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your fruit salsa was a wonderful hit at game night at church last night. I added grapes just because I had some and served with the cinnamon raisin chips. Everyone raved about it. We are all asked to bring a snack to share and I am one of the few who actually prepare something from scratch. Thanks so much for the recipe. Everyone wanted the recipe, so when I got home, I just forwarded your blog with the recipe to them. You got ALL the credit!! Jancd

Unknown said...

I want to see pictures of those teeth! :)