Friday, October 31, 2008

Lately

I seriously don't know where the time goes! Today is the last day of October already. Goodness. We have been up to lots, but when I try to name all that's been going on, I really can't. Work has been busy for Jonathan this past month, but he loves what he does! Nora is growing like crazy and is changing so much. I feel like she has changed more in the past two months than ever. Her personality and her vocabulary are just exploding! It is so much fun. I am now in my second trimester of pregnancy. The appetite and tiredness are mellowing out a bit, but I'm now in that stage where nothing that is in my closet fits and my maternity clothes are still too big. What's a girl to do!? I do love being pregnant, though, and even though I'm not quite 14 weeks, I promise you that I can feel this baby move already! Not very often, not very strong...but man, it's the baby, I tell you!

Nora is still not walking. She's just taking her merry time. She was a pro at pulling up a few weeks ago, but now she just doesn't even bother that much. She's just so fast at getting around by scooting that I guess she doesn't feel the need to try much else. I just hope she's walking by May! I'm sure she will!

It also seems like Nora is growing out of her morning nap. This has its pros and cons. Pros--she slept for at least an hour two times a day. That was great time for me to shower, clean house, cook, nap, read, etc. Cons--naps can be so confining! The past two weeks she was having trouble falling asleep in the afternoon and by the time she did go to sleep, she'd sleep so late in the afternoon that at bedtime she wasn't tired. I knew something had to change. We haven't gone cold turkey with dropping the morning nap. I lay her down in the morning still a bit earlier than normal and let her get about 30 minutes, but then I get her up and keep her busy until lunchtime. She's been going down for the afternoon nap around 1:30 and her naps have been great this week. 2-3 hour naps! This has never happened! So, I think I am going to like this new nap schedule.
How old were your kiddos when they dropped down to one naptime?

Today is Halloween. I don't think we are doing much. Nora doesn't have a clue as to what's going on, so I am hoping we can head out for Mexican food tonight! Friday night Mexican has become our new tradition and I see no reason to forgo this new ritual. Man, I love me some Mexican food. Is anyone on the same page with me here?

That's the latest! Hope all have a wonderful weekend! Don't forget Daylight Savings Time.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yes, the Alexanders also LOVE Mexican food. The best taco salad (grilled chicken) in K-town is at Soccer Taco...try it some time!!