Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chores

I absolutely cannot stand to dust. I just have to get that off my chest. It is one of my least favorite housework activities to do. Hence, it takes great motivation and gusto for me to get it done. Our bedroom furniture, which we love, is a magnet for dust. Inevitably, the second I finish dusting, dust has already accumulated. Seriously, what is the point? I really only do it because I know Jonathan really loves it when the nightstand is freshly dusted and his books no longer have a layer of dust an inch thick.

Also, while I am confessing housekeeping dislikes, can I just say that I love to have my floors clean, but I LOATHE cleaning them. The sweeping. The dustpan. The mopping. The rearranging furniture. The trying to keep the 19 month old away from the wet spots. The attempting to keep the husband from walking RIGHT THROUGH the huge pile of debris that I just swept up. Alas, the reward is so worth it. I love the clean smell of freshly mopped floors.

On the other hand, I could do laundry for days. I really enjoy doing laundry. I don't know why. I really don't mind any part: washing, folding, or putting away. It's probably my favorite. I also find washing dishes really relaxing. I know, I'm weird, but we all have our quirks.

OK, confession complete. I just dusted our bedroom a bit ago, and it was just so fresh on my mind I had to jot it down.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Let's switch off chores- you do all the laundry and I'll take care of the dusting and floors.....

(Your due date thingy is a little off unless I slept for an extra month last night.)

Unknown said...

I am TOTALLY with you. I hate to dust, it makes me sneeze...however, I gave in and did it today.

Kate said...

My house just doesn't get dusted, except once or twice per year. I know that sounds so bad, but it doesn't. And until a: I get a maid or b: my children learn how to dust for me, my house will just have to be dusty. I'm betting on a, personally. Anyway, I'm glad you found a system that works for you ;)