Monday, September 21, 2009

Cranberry Chicken

Tomorrow is the first day of Fall! YEAH! I love fall in Tennessee!

Speaking of fall, here is a delicious and simple supper idea that reminds me of fall weather! There's just something about cranberries that makes me think of cooler weather, Thanksgiving, changing colors. My neighbor, Anne, made this meal for us for dinner a few weeks ago and I made it myself for our supper tonight. It was so yummy!

Cranberry Chicken

1-2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of whole berry cranberry sauce
1 package of dry onion soup mix
8 oz. of Catalina salad dressing (I used Kraft Light Catalina to cut back on fat and calories)

In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, soup mix and dressing. Place chicken in a casserole dish and cover chicken with sauce mixture. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for one hour, or until chicken is cooked through. I served this with white rice and turnip greens. The sauce is so yummy and tastes great over the rice!

This is definitely one of our new favorites!

P.S. Jonathan brought home candy corn yesterday, and I have already eaten way too much! I just love this time of year!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I've used the same marinade/sauce on pork and it's really yummy too!