Monday, September 14, 2009

Once Again, The Pioneer Woman Proves To Be My Hero

Oh, dear. These are incredible.



I saw this recipe on The Pioneer Woman Cooks a few months back. I knew they looked heavenly, so I printed out the recipe. I can't justify baking something like this for no reason. But, I finally had an occasion to bake these delicious little desserts! They are amazing and you MUST MUST MUST try them!

Individual Raspberry Cobblers
Makes 24 cobblers

Ingredients:
2 cups self-rising flour (must use self-rising)
2 cups sugar
2 cups milk
2 sticks butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh raspberries
Extra sugar for sprinkling

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour with sugar, then whisk in milk. Whisk in melted butter and vanilla. Pour 1/4 cup batter into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle a few raspberries on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown and crisp around the edges. Invert onto a cooling rack and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

***This full recipe makes 24 cobblers, but as you can see, it is easy to half or double this recipe if you need to.
***I sprayed my muffin tins with Pam, then lightly floured the bottoms. She mentioned in her blogpost about these cobblers that they tend to stick. I had trouble getting my first batch out of the muffins tins, so I used a knife to loosen the edges. Some fell apart, but most of them stayed intact. I recommend letting them set for about 5 minutes to cool a bit before inerting them.
***These were so delicious and so easy. I bet they would be equally as yummy if you were to use blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries.

No comments: