Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day Four: Late Afternoon Trip to Story Land

Story Land is a precious little park/play area inside of City Park that has been around since I was a little girl.  We took the kids there on a Friday afternoon after naptime to walk around, play, and ride some fun rides at the amusement park which is just next to Story Land.  We had a great time walking around and looking at all of the displays and interactive exhibits of everyone's favorite nursery rhymes!  I would try to point out different story book characters to Nora, but she didn't seem too interested.  She was too busy going from one place to the next, checking everything out.  She had so much fun that she wore herself a blister on her right heel.  So, Grandpa just had to carry her around the amusement park in the 115% humidity and 95 degree heat!

And it was just as we were about to get on the carousel that my camera battery died!  However, I had my point-and-shoot, so I was able to get some photos.  More on those later!

No comments: