Sunday, April 10, 2011

In Recent Days...

I have seen...

sunshine.  red bud trees in full bloom.  beautiful tulips and dogwood tree blossoms. a girl who is looking less like a toddler and more like a girl every day.  her hair is longer and so are her little lanky legs.  messy bedrooms with dolls and puzzle pieces and books everywhere.  toy trucks and dozers.  kids running up and down the hill in the backyard.  short sleeves and shorts and sundresses and sandals.  carpenter bees and wasps.  people stopping to get flyers from our for sale sign in the front yard.  baby bunnies and baby ducklings.  a moving womb as Stella stretches and kicks.  less of my feet.  runny noses as springtime allergies affect the kiddos.  little girl dressed up as Belle and Ariel and Cinderella.  "markeling" at the kitchen table with Daddy.  swinging on the swingset.  boy who is weeks away from two years old grow in his love for the outdoors, mud, and choo choo trains.  a bridesmaids dress (for me) that was WAY to small for the pregnant body.  as a result, I have seen the seamstress way more than I would have liked to.  in the end, I have seen a bridesmaids dress that actually fits.

I have heard...

lots of singing.  "my soul finds rest in God alone."  whining and crying as a sick boy just can't find happiness unless he's being held by momma.  nora reading her library books to her brother.  lots of silliness in the backseat of the van as the two "bigger ones" adjust to sitting next to each other in the car now that Stella is only weeks away.  lots of arguing in the backseat as the two "bigger ones" adjust to sitting next to each other in the car now that Stella is only weeks away.  "Holy God in love became perfect man to bear my blame, on the cross He took my sin.  By his death I live again."  the kids playing "crazy daddy" in the den with their father.  Stella's heartbeat.  Nora asking me how I'm feeling and how Stella is doing.  requests for jellybeans.  an exploding vocabulary out of a little boy who changes and grows daily. 

I have smelled...

fresh flowers.  the first mowed lawns of the spring.  kids that smell like puppy dogs after having played outside in the sunshine and warmth.  fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.  not much, some days, as a result of allergies.  dirty diapers.  clean clothes right out of the dryer.  cantaloupe and sweet strawberries as we are enjoying the fruit of the warmer weather.  new mulch.  jonathan firing up the grill for dinner.  granna's wonderful cooking.  freshly mopped floors.

I have tasted...

popsicles.  starburst jellybeans.  lots of coffee and sweet tea.  the joys of being a wife and mother and most importantly, daughter of the Lord.  a meal prepared by good friends.  dinner while out on a date with my precious husband.  not enough ice cream.  the pain of seeing sin in the hearts of my children and realizing over and over again their desperate need for a Savior and my desperate need for his grace and help in raising them.  pw's lasagna. 

I have touched...

the blonde heads of my babies.  my growing belly.  skinned knees and elbows.  very dirty children.  lots of Clorox wipes.  many faces with kleenex to wipe away runny noses.  my husband's hands.  inch worms that Nora found at Geegaw's house.  the flyswatter as I try to shew away the wasps and bees.  glitter (it's everywhere in our house these days thanks to the princess of the house).  Stella's bedding.  fevered foreheads.  sweaty feet as I pull their shoes off after playing outside.  puppies from around the neighborhood.  every corner of my house in attempts to get it cleaned for house showings.  new babies of dear friends.  my Bible in early mornings thanks to the encouragement of my hubby and the grace of the Lord. 

I have experienced...

lots of laughter and joy and peace even on days when I was exhausted or struggling.  the love of a husband who comes home right after work when we've had a rough day of sick kids at home.  forgiveness of sin.  grace, unmeasured and free and abundant.  true friendships.  unconditional love from my children and hubby.  homesickness for my mom, dad and sisters.  a desire for a snowball and boiled crawfish.  contractions.  lots of kicks to the ribs and bladder.  lots of hugs and kisses from my growing babies.  the joy of loving our care group and everyone in it.  God's faithfulness. 

No comments: