Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Quality Mom Moments of the Day

I hope you can pick up on the sarcasm in my title.  If not, you don't know me well enough and perhaps we should fix that!

So, first of all, quality moment number one as a mother was when I finally satisfied my craving for a Starbucks Frappuccino this morning.  I have seen advertisements for Happy Hour this week at Starbucks where their Frapps are 1/2 off from 3-5 pm, but that is right in the midst of nap time and "get supper ready" time, so I highly doubt I'll make it there in that time frame.  But, I DID have a free drink coupon, so on our way to the grocery store this morning, I swung by and got a grande nonfat Mocha Coconut Frappuccino.  And YES, it was as delicious as it sounds.  I had packed each kid a cup of water in the car, but when they saw Momma sipping on this luscious, cold, refreshing coffee beverage that, frankly, looks like a cold chocolate Icee, they started asking for some.  So, I said, "You can each have one sip when we get to Kroger." 

BIG MISTAKE.

They were hooked.  "Coffee.  coffee.  coffee.  coffee."  They practically drank the thing by themselves before we could get out of the car.  Then, they were bouncing off the walls.  Nora even told me, "Don't drink it all, Mom!"  I guess she expected me to share more with her when we got home.

So, now my children are addicted to caffeine and chocolate-flavored coffee.  Great job.

Second quality moment of the day....(and keep in mind, people, it is only 3:30 pm.  Surely, there will be more).  I started cooking some of the steps to assemble a Chicken Lasagna for dinner tonight.  Once I got the kids down for a nap, all I had to do was chop up some chicken and then assemble it so that when supper time gets close, I can just stick it in the oven.  Perhaps I should have waited until AFTER my afternoon catnap because I fully assembled the lasagna UPSIDE DOWN!  I didn't even realize it until I was sprinkling the mozzarella cheese over the very top.  Way to go, Casey, way to go!

So, just in case you are wondering, here's how to assemble chicken lasagna upside-down:

1.  Little bit of spaghetti sauce.
2.  Layer of cooked lasagna noodles.
3.  Chicken mixture.
4.  Layer of sauce.
5.  Layer of noodles.
6.  Layer of chicken.
7.  More sauce.
8.  Cheese.

It makes NO sense at all.  But, my name is Casey Bradshaw and I do have pregnancy brain.  Tune in next time for more Quality Mom Moments with Casey!  Hey, at least I am laughing at myself! Right!?

No comments: