Friday, June 17, 2011

Just the Boost and Encouragement I Needed...

Today is my first day with all three kids by myself.  Well, sorta.

My next door neighbor and close friend kept Nora and Liam for a bit while I ran Stella to her appointment this morning, and I have another friend coming to hang out with us for a few hours in just a little while.  But, when we all woke up this morning, it was just me.  I am learning to juggle three hungry mouths to feed, instead of just two.   We are all having to learn a little bit more about patience and not getting what we want the EXACT MOMENT we want to have it.  We are learning that we all need to help each other out a little bit more these days, and that Momma is just a tad busier with a newborn in hand.

I am so thankful for a husband and a momma and in-laws and friends that are constantly encouraging us all.  I am so thankful for a God who pours grace upon grace on us, even when we don't deserve it and especially when we need it.  I am thankful for a Savior who reminds me of my weakness in seasons like these so that I am reminded that I cannot do it all on my own.  I am in need of a Savior.  I am not totally independent and self-reliant, even though my foolish and deceptive heart tries to make me think that I am.  I am thankful for the forgiveness of the Lord, my husband, my children, and anyone else when I sin.

This morning as I was feeding Stella, I opened up Facebook on  my phone and came across a link someone shared to a blogpost on Motherhood.  I read it (it took just a few minutes and was TOTALLY worth the read), and I was so encouraged by what the Lord was saying to me through the woman who wrote the article. 

Here is just one small nugget of wisdom found in the article:

"At the very heart of the gospel is sacrifice, and there is perhaps no occupation in the world so intrinsically sacrificial as motherhood. Motherhood is a wonderful opportunity to live the gospel. Jim Elliot famously said, “He is no fool who gives up that which he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” Motherhood provides you with an opportunity to lay down the things that you cannot keep on behalf of the people that you cannot lose. They are eternal souls, they are your children, they are your mission field."

If you are discouraged, discontent or just needed to be refreshed about your call to mommyhood, please read this post.  The author also has written a book that I am going to order that seems like it will be a great read.

Here's the link:


 Motherhood as a Mission Field

No comments: