Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stella Marie: One Month Stats

Well, I ventured to the doctor this morning with all three children to take Stella for her one month check-up!  It was quite an adventure with all three, but they did really well.  I made Liam and Nora hold hands practically the whole time, and I may or may not have bribed my children with the promise of a sucker at the end of the visit, but at this time I can neither confirm nor deny that fact.  Regardless, all four of us made it out of there alive, well, and smiling.  Two of us had a Dum-Dum sucker on the way home, and one of us stopped for a White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks.

Little Miss Stella is surely growing like a weed.  Here are her one month stats:

Weight:  9 lbs., 2 oz.  (50th-60th percentile)
Height:  21 1/4 inches (50th-60th percentile)
Head Circumference: 36.9 cm  (90th percentile)

Dr. G said that she is growing great, and it appears that her head has officially reached Bradshaw status.  Last appointment, her head was about average (which is small for our children), but she is now right up there with her brother and sister with a big ole noggin!  I'm just glad that she waited until AFTER delivery to have that growth spurt!!

For the past 4 or 5 nights, Stella has been doing some really long stretches at night.  After her late evening/dream sleep feeding, she has gone up to 6.5 hours.  That's like 5+ hours of straight sleep for me!  (cue the Alleluia Chorus)  I am so thankful for a good sleeper, and I know that she will most likely fluctuate with her sleep lengths, I am just praising the Lord for rest because it is definitely helping me during the daytime when I am caring for Nora, Liam, and Stella all at the same time.  Also, I want to document that Stella has started smiling.  Her first smile was for her Geegaw last Friday afternoon, so she was just over four weeks old.  I have been able to capture just a few for myself, but it seems like she saves most of her smiles for her Daddy!  (She knows the key to his heart already).

As a reference to compare Stella to Nora and Liam at one month, I looked up what both Nora and Liam weighed and measured.  Here are the comps:

Stella: 9 lbs., 2 oz. and 21 1/4 inches
Nora: 8 lbs., 6 oz. and 21 inches
Liam: 9 lbs., 14 oz. and 22 1/4 inches

It seems like Stella's right in between these two size-wise!




The picture above is a few weeks old, but I just found it in a mix of pictures that Jonathan downloaded from his phone.  This will give you just a snapshot into what the kids think of Stella!  They love her and want to be around her constantly.  Many of our feeding sessions look just like this....do you think they know the meaning of personal space!?

We are so blessed with our precious baby girl.  It's hard to believe that she is almost 5 weeks old already!  Time is going by so quickly this time.  Whew!

No comments: