Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Behold the Lamb of God


Last night, Jonathan and I went to see Andrew Peterson and friends live in his "Behold the Lamb of God" concert.  There are NO WORDS for this experience.  It was incredible.  It was so edifying, so beautiful, and so powerful.  I really do not know if I can do it justice to try to describe it, so if you ever get the chance to see him live in concert, please do!

I discovered Andrew Peterson only one year ago when our church choir sang one of his songs from the "Behold the Lamb of God" album during our Lessons and Carols Advent Service.  The name of that song is "While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks."  I was instantly interested in finding out more about the songwriter.  Not long after that, I downloaded a free Andrew Peterson album from Noisetrade.  After listening to that album all the way through one time, I was hooked.  Now I cannot get enough of Andrew's unbelievable story-telling through song.  The Lord has so blessed him musically and with an ability to communicate Truth in such a compelling and beautiful way.  Almost every song is a story, and every story makes you hungry for God.  Deep, strong stuff.

When I heard he was coming to Knoxville for his annual Christmas concert, I begged Jonathan to take me.  I have converted him to an Andrew Peterson fan, so he was more than happy to oblige.  Last night we went, and I walked out of that concert with a renewed love for the Christmas story, a renewed love for the Lord, and renewed love for music. 

Please either purchase the "Behold the Lamb of God" album or at the very least, listen to the songs on Grooveshark.  The album tells the story of Jesus, God with us, from the Old Testament all the way through the New Testament.  It's the TRUE tall tale of Jesus come down to earth to save his people from their sins.  And he starts at the beginning....the Old Testemant, Genesis. 

No comments: