Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Stella Marie: One Year Stats

Well, like or not, my Stella B has turned one year old!  On Saturday, June 2 we celebrated one whole year with our precious baby girl.  Her birthday party is this coming Saturday so I"ll be sure to post more about that later, but we took her to her one year appointment today, so I wanted to update her stats.



At twelve months, Stella Marie is:

Height:  28 1/2 inches long (30th percentile)
Weight:  20 lbs.  (40th percentile)
Head Circumference:  46 centimeters

Stella when compared to her siblings:

Liam weighed 22 lbs (40th percentile) and was 31 inches long (80th percentile).  Nora weighed 18.5 lbs. (15th percentile) and also measured 28 1/2 inches long.  So, once again, Stella is in between the other two.  Just as long as Nora but a bit chubbier than her big sister was!

Here are some new things about Stella B:

- Stella is not walking or cruising.  Actually, she doesn't really like to stand at all, but just recently she's started holding on to things while standing up if you put her in the standing position.  I'm in no rush for her to be mobile, or more mobile than she is, so I know she'll get in her time.

- Stella has two teeth on the bottom.  Dr. G said that her top four are about to poke through at anytime so maybe last night's rough night was a result of teething.  If not, we are sure to have some rough times ahead because cutting teeth is no fun!

- Stella loves to play!  Of course, she gravitates to things that are for Nora and Liam, but she is so content to crawl around and find new things to occupy her attention.  If we are outside, she wants to be on the concrete crawling around and exploring.  Her poor knees are rough and callused, but she insists on not being held.  She also likes to sit on the riding toys, but currently they are pretty big for her.

- Eating is going well.  Stella loves to eat!  And she pretty much eats anything I give her, although I have seen her showing a bit of pickiness on rare occasions.  I know she is close to the age where eating opinions show themselves.  I just try to keep giving her the wide variety of foods she eats, rotating through everything so she won't "forget" what she likes.  Here are some of the regular things she eats:  all fruit, cheese, bread, waffles, raisin toast, yogurt, all types of beans, avocado, tomato, peas and carrots, edamame, ham or turkey (in small bites), chicken, crackers, pizza, rice, spaghetti, pasta, potatoes, etc.  I try to give her whatever it is we are eating, and usually she will eat what I give her!

- I have slowly introduced cow's milk and she is fully off formula as of this week.  She seems to like cow's milk okay, but she refuses to drink it out of a sippy cup.  She will take it no problem from a bottle, so after talking to the nurse today about this, we are going to go cold turkey on bottles.  Bye bye bottles.  Stella has shown a stubborn side with drinking milk out of the sippy and will even blatantly SPIT out the milk when I give it to her that way.  I think we have another strong will on our hands.  The nurse encouraged me to stand firm and keep offering her the milk in the sippy; she will drink when thirsty and won't get dehydrated, she promised.  I know she will learn to love it, but neither Nora nor Liam had trouble transitioning over to whole milk in a sipper. 

-  Stella loves her siblings so much!  They love to burst in her room each morning to wake her, and it doesn't matter how tired she is, how asleep she was, or how loud they are.  She is all smiles and ready to give kisses.  Nora and Liam also fight over who gets to feed her her bottles, but I guess that will be ending.

That's about all I've got for now!  I'll post more once I get birthday pics together!

No comments: