Friday, August 17, 2007

This Girl is Loved!




About two weeks ago, two of my closest friends from college drove up from Jackson, Mississippi to spend the weekend with Jonathan and I. Suzanne and Karen arrived in Knoxville on Friday night and left early Sunday morning....what a quick visit! Even though we weren't together even 48 hours, we had such a wonderful and relaxing weekend together.

In addition to the long talks, yummy home-cooked breakfast (group effort), girlie movies, and inevitable trip to the mall, one of the things that brought Suz and KER here were their gifts for Baby Nora. The girls brought gifts from themselves and our other college girlfriends-- Lyndsey, Corrie, Kate, and Olivia-- that couldn't make the trip this particular weekend. They really spoiled us.

Out of all the gifts Nora got, two were my favorite and they happen to be the group gifts from all of my LASCO girls. First of all, they gave us an adorable diaper bag embroidered with Nora's name. Inside were children's books--each girl chose her favorite children's book and then wrote a note to Nora in the inside cover. We have quite a library accumulating! Second, in line with a tradition we started in college, the girls each wrote Nora a letter filled with prayers and expressions of their hopes for her future. I cannot wait to show Nora these letters one day so that she can see how dearly she is loved and how so many people have been and are praying for her!

Attached are some pictures of us over the visit. I absolutely love my girls and am so glad they came to visit us! Good friends are such a blessing from the Lord!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look SO CUTE preg.! And from what I can see, I love your house. I'm waiting for some baby news anyday now!!! Good luck. I'll be praying for you, Jonathan, and Nora.

Suzanne said...

I forgot to tell you that my boys LOVED the dinosaur card! They were very impressed that your face was on the card......

Suzanne said...

I guess I see now that it's a book. Oh well! Still very cute.