Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Where does the time go?

I look at the calendar and I can hardly believe that we are in the middle of February already! Where does the time go? We have been busy the past few weeks, and although that is very true, I feel like I am constantly saying that! Anyway, here is a rundown of some of the things that we have been doing.

1. Nora's baby dedication was on Sunday, January 20th at our church Cornerstone Church of Knoxville. My mom was in town for the weekend and was able to be there for the ceremony. We had such a wonderful visit when my mom came.....although it was short!

2. Jonathan turned 28 on January 27th! Jonathan's folks came in town on his birthday to celebrate with us. No offense to Jonathan, but I think they really were looking for an excuse to see Nora Belle. They stayed in Knoxville for a few days and we got to spend some good quality time with them. We went out to dinner one night at Outback, Jonathan's restaurant of choice, for his birthday dinner, and his parents got him the Guitar Hero game for the Nintendo Wii. Lots of fun times ahead, I'm sure.

3. February 2-7 we were in Santa Fe, NM, with my mom, dad, and sister for a little vacation! This was quite an adventure (I'll give more details about the trip in a later post), and it was Nora's first time to fly. We had a fantastic time and Nora did so well considering the major jolts to her schedule. Jonathan got to ski a few days while Nora and I got to explore downtown Santa Fe with my folks. It was a blast.

4. We got a new car. After traveling back and forth from Knoxville to New Orleans to Jackson during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, it became very apparent to us that we either (A) seriously needed to relearn how to pack "lightly" or (B) needed to get a bigger vehicle for all of our (ahem, Nora's) stuff. We just barely made it home with all of our luggage and baby gear PLUS Christmas gifts. Anyway, we recently got a 2004 GMC Envoy, so our travels back home to see family should be a lot roomier from now on.

5. Nora is growing like a weed. It's hard to believe that in one week, she will be SIX months old. My baby girl is getting so big. She's definitely been filling out and putting on the weight since we started her on rice cereal and some fruits and vegetables over the past several weeks. She loves to eat her cereal. Funny thing she does: If you've ever seen the movie What About Bob, you may remember the scene where Bob (Bill Murray) is eating fried chicken for dinner. With every bite he takes, he obnoxiously makes this "mmmmm" sound to emphasize how good his meal is. Well, meet Nora! She does the same thing. It's hysterical. With every spoonful, she makes this "mmmm" sound. It's probably my fault! I think I make those noises at her while I'm feeding her to try and encourage her that her food is yummy!

So, there is the scoop. I'll give another post with pics and details about our Santa Fe trip. Also, Nora's 6th month check-up is coming soon, so we'll give the scoop on that then.

No comments: