Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fruit Salsa

Here is a recipe that I am sure you will love! I sort of hate to give it away because it is my go-to recipe for Baby Showers, Wedding Showers, Cookouts....but, MAN! It is SOOOO good and I know you will love it and want to share it with friends and family. This is such a yummy and refreshing appetizer or dessert. So here it goes:

1 carton of fresh strawberries
2 Granny Smith apples
2 kiwi
2 tablespoons of apple jelly
2 tablespoons of brown sugar

Puree cleaned and trimmed strawberries, apples (leave the skin on for the pretty green color), and kiwi in a food processor (or, if you don't have one, chop the fruit into tiny pieces). Combine the fruit and add the jelly and sugar. If time allows, refrigerate the salsa for a while and the consistency will thicken up nicely.

Serve with cinnamon-raisin bagel or pita chips. Or,if you're interested, you can make homemade cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips. (A messy, but yummy, project!)

This recipe is doubled very easily and keeps great in the refrigerator for a few days. It is so refreshing! Also, feel free to substitute or add other fruits to the concoction. My friend Amy couldn't use the kiwi because her niece is deathly allergic, so she substituted pineapple and said it was delicious. I think I might add that to mine next time I make it.

I hope you and yours enjoy. Let me know if you come up with any killer fruit combinations.

4 comments:

Jonathan Oldacre said...

Sounds yummy to me! Perhaps we can arrange a play-date the next time you have some on hand. :)
What's apple jelly? Is it hard to find?

-Melanie

Casey said...

Apple jelly can be found by all the other jellies. I am sure you can substitute anything you've got on hand...but, I would make sure it's a jelly and not a jam or preserves. I'm pretty sure the purpose of using it is because the jelly helps congeal it all and hold it together better.

Anonymous said...

Case, I know I've had your fruit salsa before, and it is WONDERFUL!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Love ya-Ker

Abby said...

Casey,

I just used this salsa for a lingerie shower...EVERYONE wanted the recipe! Thanks for the idea!