Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snicker Brownies

Ingredients:

1 box of German Chocolate cake mix
1 1/2 sticks of margarine, melted
1 can of sweetened, condensed milk
1 bag of Snickers fun size candy bars

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine cake mix, melted margarine, and condensed milk. Spread half of the cake mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Slice candy bars into small slices and layer the slices onto the baked crust. Crumble the remaining batter on top of the candy slices. It will have a crumbly texture, so don't worry about making it smooth. Put pan back into oven and bake for 20 minutes more at 350 degrees.

These brownies are delicious! The best part, honestly, may be in making them. Since they don't have raw eggs in the batter, I was free to sample as much of the batter as I felt was required. This is a super simple recipe with amazing results!

A few tips:
*** I bought a large bag of fun size Snicker bars because I knew going in I was making two batches of the brownies. I ended up slicing up about 10 fun size Snickers for each batch, so that may help you gauge. The great news: I think I can get about 3 batches of Snickers brownies out of the big bag if I use that number.

*** This recipe would probably be equally as scrumptious with Milky Way! Honestly, there are endless possibilities.

*** I also think after much serious thought and meditation and sampling, that these brownies would actually make great cookies! I think I may try this. Make the batter, slice up some Snickers, drop by the spoonful. Yummy!

No comments: