Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Knoxville, We Have A Walker"

I hope I am not jumping the gun by posting this latest walking update, but Nora is doing so well that I just had to document it for memory's sake! We are going to have a full-blown walker in our house here in just a matter of time. Hopefully, she'll be going crazy before she hits the 19 month mark, which is just a week away. Wouldn't that be fun?

This morning, Jonathan took Nora and I out to IHOP for pancakes! IHOP pancakes are Jonathan's absolute favorite and it has been nearly a year since we've been there, so we had a special outing this morning with our little family of three. Trying to savour every moment we have before things get super busy and our little guy gets here. After breakfast, we went to the mall to walk around. Nora can't get enough of walking, but since it's been rainy and cold, we can't venture outside. So, we headed to Westtown to join the rest of the mall walkers. While there, Nora was a walking fool! She was taking 12-15 steps at a time all by herself. When we got to the kiddie play area she got a little too excited to concentrate on walking so she would frequently revert back to scooting. Jonathan or I were always right behind her encouraging her to stand up and walk. I am so proud of our little girl! And she is quite proud of herself for walking so much. It's really funny how proud of herself she gets when she covers big distances.

Ah, I never thought this day would come! I am sure I have no idea what is in store for me. We're going to be busy, that's for sure!

No comments: