Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pregnancy Update: 32 Weeks


Well, we made it to 32 weeks! It's so wild to think that our little boy will be here in 8 weeks, hopefully less. I had my 32 week check-up today and everything looks great. My last few appointments have been pretty routine and pretty "typical." They check my blood pressure, weight, fundal height growth, etc. As always, my favorite part is hearing the heartbeat. I have taken Nora with me to my past two appointments and both times she has cried hysterically anytime the nurses touch me. Apparently, this little girl has some issues with doctors' offices. I hope she doesn't wig out when I'm in the hospital.

I have officially hit the point where I'm uncomfortable depending on how the baby is positioned. He is currently getting up under my ribs and pelvic bones and stretching or kicking which just gives me the heebie jeebies. I have Braxton Hicks contractions pretty frequently but they aren't painful for the most part and aren't in any patterns, so my uterus is just practicing away. Nora's finding it more and more difficult to sit in my lap as there is almost no room left for her. However, I am still able to hold her without much difficulty, so alteast she gets Momma's hugs somehow!

The picture above says this boy is the size of a squash. However, I think he feels more like a pumpkin....much bigger than what I'm picturing a squash to be. Then again, aren't pumpkins in the squash family? Who cares!

No comments: