Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring has sprung.

It's hard to believe that the month of March is almost over. Spring has finally arrived, my daffodils have bloomed, my pear tree is thankfully turning green instead of its beautiful, stinky white, and we have sunshine until almost eight o'clock! Yeah! I love this time of year!

Much has been happening the past few weeks.

First, Nora turned 19 months on Saturday. She is walking like a champ. It's not a continual thing, but every day she gets more and more confident and daring. We have spent a lot of time the past few weeks outside, at the park, in the backyard, etc. She and I both have enjoyed every possible opportunity to be in the sunshine. She has officially had her first "collision" with our tile floor. The big, blue bruise on her forehead is the first of many, I'm sure, and she really took it like a pro. Now, every time she slips on the tile or while she's walking, she's quick to say "Okay!" to assure both herself and me that she's okay. So cute. Also, Nora just doesn't.stop.talking. I mean, it's almost constant. As cute as it is, and as much as I love hearing her voice her curiosity and take on everything in the world, I can see this getting old at some point. There must be some quiet in the day, right? Must I wait until her 2:00 nap time for a little respite?

I am almost 34 weeks pregnant. What!? Our baby boy will be here in just six weeks. So much to do. So much to do.

Another big bit of news is that Jonathan's parents have bought a house in Knoxville. They are closing sometime next week and should be all moved in and settled in the next few weeks. We are really excited for them and are so happy to have them close by. Jonathan and I both want our children to have wonderful relationships with their grandparents. The Lord has blessed us with amazing parents, and even though we live hours away from both of our families, we have been able to see them pretty regularly.

Finally, Easter is just around the corner. I am most excited about my mom coming to visit for the week after Easter Sunday. I just love when my mom comes to visit. She'll be here just a few weeks before the baby's arrival, so she'll be able to help me with last minute to-dos, and I'm sure we'll have a blast doing girlie things. Also, Jonathan is going out of town for a few days for work at the end of that week, and my mom will be here while he's gone in case I go into labor. I'll be 37 weeks, so I guess it is a possibility.

No comments: