Wednesday, April 15, 2009

37 Weeks and Other Goings On


Well, we've made it to 37 weeks which means that I am officially full term. I technically have three weeks until my due date, but we're at a great spot if this little man decides to come early. I am really feeling pretty well, just uncomfortable at night which is to be expected.

My mom and dad came in last Friday to spend Easter weekend with us. We had a great time and really enjoyed their visit. Nora instantly took to my dad and was his girl the whole time! He got a kick out of teaching her all of our first names: Casey, Jonathan, Roger, Peggy, Paul, Joyce. Those are the names of all of the grandparents in case you weren't aware. I don't really think Nora knows who is who, but she gets the biggest kick out of saying "Roger" and "Poggy," mostly because of our laughing reactions, I'm sure. My mom has also taught Nora the song "The Wheels on the Bus" which has been a big hit and something we do probably 4-5 times a day.

My dad left town on Monday, but my momma is here until Friday afternoon. We have had such a great time visiting, preparing for Liam's arrival, cooking together, and hanging out with Nora. My mom has been so helpful in reminding me of things I am going to need. She's been a real motivator for the past few days and we've gotten a lot accomplished, so Liam, you can arrive anytime now buddy. Oh wait, Daddy leaves town tomorrow until Saturday night, so atleast wait until he gets home and a bit recovered from his trip.

Finally, I found out this morning that one of my dearest friends from home lost her father this morning to pancreatic cancer. I cannot imagine the heartache and pain she is experiencing right now, but please join me in praying for my precious friend, Brigette, and her family. Thanks.

No comments: