Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pregnancy Update: 36 Weeks

Well, last night was eventful for me. I was woken up at 2 am by this little wiggleworm in my belly doing all sorts of dancing. It took me a while to realize that I was having contractions, but then they started kicking in with some strong tension about every 10 minutes. There wasn't much pain, but I couldn't sleep through them. This went on for about 3 hours before I was finally able to drift off to sleep. All I kept thinking about was how UNprepared I am if I do go into labor in the next week or so. I have so much to do, so maybe this was a wake-up call from the Lord that I need to get moving!

Today, I had my 36 week appointment that included an ultrasound and a test for Group B Strep (fun...ahem, sarcasm, sarcasm). Jonathan was able to make the appointment, and we were so excited to see our little Liam on screen again. He is head down! Alleluia. My dreams of a breech birth won't come true, it seems like! Liam also appears to have some hair on his little head that was showing up on the ultrasound, so maybe he'll take after the Indian blood of the family and come out with a head full of jet black hair. You think?

Another bit of news that concerns me is that it appears we have a big boy on our hands. I am measuring right on target at 36 weeks, but the ultrasound showed that Liam currently weighs 6 lbs., 12 oz. Typically, the weight ranges within a pound of this estimation, but STILL! I have 4 weeks to go with him gaining approximately 1/2 lb. per week. We could possibly be talking about a 9 lber here. I hurt just thinking about it. Honestly, though, I bet he's smaller than the estimation predicted him to be. Nora at 40 weeks gestation was born weighing 6 lbs., 14 oz. That's only 2 oz. more than Liam supposedly weighs now. But, anything is possible and he certainly has proven to be a bigger baby from the get go, so we'll just have to wait and find out when he gets here.

So far, I have not dialated at all. This is good news for now because Jonathan is heading out of town for several days next week, and with the contractions I was having last night, I was thinking that I had dialated some, but so far, I haven't. We want Daddy to be at the delivery, so please pray that Liam will wait to make his debut until Jonathan's return.

I believe that is all of the scoop on our little man. Easter is just a few days away, and we have a jam-packed weekend ahead of us. My parents are getting into town tomorrow afternoon. My dad has to head home on Monday, but my Momma will be here for a week! I am so excited! They haven't seen Nora since New Year's, so they have much to catch up on.

I pray that your Easter weekend is blessed and that the gift of salvation and Christ's death and resurrection is alive in your heart. We are so blessed to be so loved by a God that willingly paid the price for our sin so that we can live lives full of grace and freedom from the reign of sin.

No comments: