Monday, July 6, 2009

Liam's 2 Month Stats


Liam went to the doctor last Friday for his two month well visit. I had planned to take both Nora and Liam to the appointment, but thankfully, Jonathan had Friday off due to the holiday weekend, so things went really smoothly since it was just me and my boy. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, Nora has a thing against the dr.'s office, so I wasn't too sure how it would have gone if I had both of them there. But, that feat will come on another day!

Liam had a great report from Dr. G! Here are his stastics:

Weight: 12 lbs., 5 oz. (75th percentile)
Height: 23 1/8 inches (60th percentile)
Head Circumference: 75th percentile)

If I'm not mistaken, Liam weighs more at two months old than Nora did at four months old. Nora was only 11 lbs at her four month visit! Can you believe that? My two kiddos are quite different already! Liam also had to get 4 vaccinations at this appointment: one orally and three shots in the legs. Poor baby! He took them like a champ and even though he was quite fussy on Friday due to his sore legs, he has done really well otherwise. In fact, we got a six hour stretch of sleep on Friday night.

At two months, Liam is smiling, cooing, and just about to laugh out loud! He has discovered his tongue and he likes to stick it out at us. He is also just beginning to find his right hand! It's so cute when he finds it because it's like you can see the wheels in his head turning as he tries to figure out what it is exactly. Liam naps pretty well during the day, but is still not very close to sleeping through the night. Most nights consist of a 4 hour stretch followed by a three hour stretch. Every once in a while we'll get a longer one out of him, but it's not consistent. I am trying to be patient, but man, do I long for a good night sleep sometime soon. Liam loves the bouncy seat and he absolutely LOVES to be outside. If he's ever fussy, just walking outside will quiet him up most of the time. When it comes to Nora, Liam seems pretty intrigued, but we tease that Nora gives Liam indigestion because she is so loud and crazy. I cannot wait to see how well these two play together. I know they will be great playmates in the days to come!

We are so blessed to have such a healthy and happy baby boy!

No comments: