Wednesday, August 12, 2009

NEWSFLASH: Potty Edition

Nora "peeped" in the potty tonight for the very first time! It was hysterical! I was obnoxiously excited, and she was so proud of herself. We had just come inside from a walk and I was trying to get both kiddos in the tub. I've been randomly setting Nora on the potty a few times a day for a few minutes just to get her more comfortable with sitting on the potty. I keep hoping that one day she'll just go, but I'm not really trying to train her. Well, tonight, she went! I think the bath water running may have helped, but just as I was about to get her off and stick her in the tub she inhaled loudly and says, "I peeping." And, sure enough, she was! I must have said, "I'm so proud of you" a million times because when we called Aunt Amy and the grandparents to tell them, she kept repeating "Proud of you, proud of you." I didn't have any candy or M'n'M's on hand, so I grabbed some chocolate chips as a reward for her. That made her even more excited!

I am so proud of my big girl. Too bad Daddy wasn't home to witness it firsthand, but soon enough we'll be witnessing our girl "peeping" all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you do "the pee-pee dance"? If you don't know what I'm talking about, we'll need to give you lessons. There's a song that goes along with it..."Pee-Pee on the Pot-ty! Pee-Pee on the Pot-ty! Pee-Pee on the Pot-ty!"
So proud of Nora!

Chrissy