Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Liam Piper: 6 Month Stats





Where to begin? Where to begin?

We have had so much going on and many things I would like to blog about, but time is escaping me in the midst of the busyness of this week! We had some sickness last week (Liam with congestion and Nora with a double ear infection), but we are definitely on the up and up. We had family pictures with THE Lillian Prince over the weekend. So much fun. And, I am currently planning out my plans to plan to pack (confused yet?) for our TWO WEEK TRIP TO NEW ORLEANS! I am so excited that we will be going home for a two week trip to visit with my family and friends. We leave in just two days!!!! YEAH!

Anyway, more on that to come. Right now, I want to give you the latest news of my growing little buddy man, Liam. We went to his 6-month check-up yesterday and here are his stats:

Weight: 18 lbs., 2 oz. (60th percentile)
Height: 26 3/4 inches (70th percentile)
Head Circumference: 17 7/8 inches(?) (anyway, 75th percentile)

We have a big ole boy on our hands. He is currently the size that Nora was at one year old. And, have I mentioned, that this boy is a MANIAC? He is so out of control, and we are loving every minute of it. He is a mover, and this is a whole new world to us. As you know, Nora is our cautious, careful, slow to do anything little girl. Liam is rolling everywhere, determined to get to whatever it is at the moment, just into it all (and he is not even crawling yet!) Yikes! I know things will be pretty hairy once he figures that out.

He is of the sweetest disposition and just loves to smile, coo, and be cuddled. He gives kisses all the time. He has his two central lower teeth, and Dr. G. said that his four top teeth are all trying to come down, so we should have a REALLY fun next few months with that happening (ahem, sarcasm). As I mentioned, he has been congested this past week, but things are getting better.

Liam loves to eat. We have just recently added a third feeding of solids, so he now has a breakfast, lunch & dinner meal. He nurses every three hours still, with his first feeding usually around 8 am and his last around 8 pm, with the dreamfeed still occurring around 10:30 pm. I don't think he needs the late night dreamfeed anymore, but I am planning to wait until we get back from New Orleans to drop it. With the time change from DST and the time change we'll experience being down in Louisiana, I just want to help my little guy out as much as possible, so we'll make that feeding adjustment once we return and things settle down.

We are now at three naps a day....morning, midday, and afternoon. Depending on how his naps go, he MAY still take an early evening nap, but typically he doesn't. Bedtime is around 8:30 and he usually wakes between 7:45-8:00 am. I am blessed! We are sleeping through the night with the exception of him waking and stirring, losing the paci, which means I go in and pop in his mouth and sleepily return to bed.

Liam loves his Johnny Jump Up and the Exersaucer. He is easily entertained for a while in either of those, and he also loves to play on the floor with toys or just watching his big sissy girl in action. Oh, Liam can also sit up by himself with a little bit of assistance. He is not doing it for long periods yet, but he has the "tripod" down pat! After a while though, his big head gets the best of him and he starts leaning over unable to pull himself back up. We're going to get him on the P90x plan soon to strengthen his core! HAHA.

We love our little man and can't imagine life without him. I cannot believe he is already six months old. Breaks my heart!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am loving Liam's hair! Let's get together when you guys get back from N.O.
Missing hanging out with you!

Mel and girls.