Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


Yesterday was Mother's Day, and I had such a wonderful day! We went to church in the morning, and since I had choir and had to be there earlier than usual, Jonathan gave me my gift from him and the kids on Saturday evening. He had previously gotten me a Pandora bracelet--for those of you who don't know what they are (I didn't), they are a type of charm bracelet. So, anyway, for Mother's day he got me a charm from Liam and a charm from Nora. So precious! (I'll have to take pictures so you can see what they are, but the bracelet is beautiful).

After church, we came home and ate lunch and took naps. It was so relaxing! When the kiddos woke up, we loaded up and headed over to the Bradshaws' house and Jonathan, Amy, and I cooked a steak dinner for Ms. Joyce (and the rest of us). It was wonderful, and since the weather was just divine, we ate outside on their back deck. We gave Ms. Joyce a Pandora bracelet for Mother's day with her first two charms. Nora spoiled the surprise for her, but I think she loved her gift.

After supper, we went down to the pier to feed the ducks, and I (for once) brought my camera down in attempts to capture some pictures of the kids with Mr. Paul and Ms. Joyce, and I've been wanting to take some pics of the kids under this gorgeous willow tree the neighbors have. Here are a few of the shots I managed to get. I actually took the time to edit these, so they might look a bit better than my other pictures. I really love photography and wish I was better, but I was genuinely pleased with how these came out. It was luck!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I hate that I wasn't able to spend it with my Momma, but I'll be seeing her in just a few days when we meet up with my family in NYC for my little sister's graduation! Love you, Momma.

No comments: