Tuesday, August 31, 2010

End of August

I can hardly believe that it is the end of August.  Tomorrow is September 1st, which means summer is nearly over and fall is just about to arrive.  The weather here has been so delightful the past week or so, so at lunch today, I decided the kids and I needed a picnic.  We packed up some food and walked down the block or so to the playground.  Throw in a blanket, my camera, and two precious kiddos, and I'd say we had a wonderful time.

Liam eating his sandwich, berries & Capri Sun

Nora ventured over to play for a while, but it didn't last too long.
She quickly came back to snuggle in my lap.  She kept saying that it was so relaxing and nice in the shade.  (She is her Momma's girl!)

Here's Liam trying to make sure he got every last drop out of his Capri Sun.


Silly Boy:

Sharing together:  "Sharing is Caring"
(Amy Townsend, that is for you!)

I vow to take as many picnics as possible over the next two months or so.  Before long, it will be too cold to even consider the possibility.  So, I want to take advantage of one of my favorite times of year here in TN.

No comments: