Tuesday, January 25, 2011

OOOOOOHHHHH....We're Half-Way There

WHOA-OH! Livin' on a prayer.

Take me hand and we'll make it, I swear.  WHOA-OH!  Livin' on a prayer.



[. . .]


Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.  Please forgive the musical outburst.
It's just that I'm finding it so hard to believe that we are HALF-WAY to Baby #3!

Today, I am 20 weeks pregnant.  Full term is 40 weeks, so we should hopefully be holding our baby girl in a little less than 20 more weeks.  I haven't updated on how things have been going with the pregnancy, so I thought I'd do a quick little survey that many preggo mommas do on their blogs:


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 20 Weeks
 Size of baby: Baby Girl is the size of a mango (6.5 inches, 10 oz.)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: right on track with other two pregnancies, I think.
Maternity Clothes: I wear a mixture of maternity clothes and regular clothes.  Most pants that I wear out of the house are maternity.  But at home, I wear LOTS of sweat pants, pajama pants, and workout pants.  When it comes to shirts and sweaters, it just depends on the shirt.
Gender: It's a girl!!! However, we are having the hardest time finalizing a name.  I think Jonathan knows what he wants, but I am having commitment issues this time.  I do like the name he likes, but it's just so hard.  I'll announce it once we both finally determine it.
Movement: Every day I feel the baby more and more.  Her kicks are definitely getting stronger, and I have thought that I feel her stronger at this point in the pregnancy than I felt my other two at this point.  But, that is probably not the case, just that I don't accurately remember.  Jonathan felt her move for the first time last night.
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well! Most days I take at last a 20 minute power nap when Nora and Liam go down, and I sleep really well at night. Praise the Lord!
What I miss: Ha! I would love an ice cold beer! I really like Blue Moon beer (it's the only one I really like, and of course, because I cannot have it, that is what I want).  Also, I love Caesar Salad and for safety's sake, I usually pass on that.  I also miss being able to lie flat on my back.  It's most comfortable for me these days, but not safe for little one.
Cravings: My hunger has subsided some, but I definitely have a sweet tooth this time.  I have been eating lots of oranges/nectarines and I call myself the Fruit Snack Phantom.  I can't stop eating Nora's fruit snacks.  Sweet, chewy things like skittles, sour patch kids, gummy worms, etc.  Yum!
Symptoms: I am loving the second trimester.  Although I definitely get tired most days, I can tell a major difference in my energy level compared to the first trimester.  Another symptom would be my ever-growing belly!  I'm definitely looking pregnant and feeling it too!
Best Moment this week: I love feeling the baby move.  It just never gets old to me!  I love how excited Nora is about the baby and how she talks about all the things the baby will do when she comes out and gets bigger.  Today, she brought me her ballet leotard that she recently grew out of and told me that it was for the baby since it didn't fit her anymore. 

So, that is a summary of what's going on with our newest addition!  I need to get Jonathan to snap a few pics because I believe I have absolutely NO maternity pictures so far.  Bad, bad momma!  I go to the doctor in a little over a week for the major ultrasound where they check the heart, brain, spine, etc. so that will be a big one!  Can't wait to meet this precious gift!

No comments: