Friday, September 16, 2011

Interview with 4-Year-Old Nora

A few weeks ago (around the time of Nora's 4th birthday), we were sitting around the kitchen table coloring.  I have read on several peoples' blogs where they interview their children on their birthday each year, asking similar questions each year, and record what the kids say.  It is always so interesting and cute to hear what the birthday boy or girl has to say, so I thought I would start that tradition with my kiddos too!  So, borrowing some questions from some friends, here is my interview with 4-year-old Nora:

What is your favorite thing God made? 
Food.
What type of food is your favorite?
Chick-fil-a. And Old McDonald's.  And Wendy's.
What is your favorite animal?
Giraffe. And ponies.  And unicorns.
What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is pink and yellow.
What is your favorite day of the week?
Monday.  Because that's the way that I like it and it's fun.
What is your favorite thing about Liam?
I love how he talks and I love him how he shares with me.
Tell me something funny about Liam.
His deep sound.  When he says, "I love Stella."
What is your favorite thing about Stella?
I love how she talks and how she kisses me.
Do you like having a brother and a sister?
Yes!
Why?
Because I like how they talk and I love them very much.
What is your favorite thing about Daddy?
He's my favorite guy.  We read books, color with him.
What does Daddy do with you that is special?
We ride my scooter.
Tell me something funny about Daddy.
He makes a funny face. (She showed me how he does it.)
What does Daddy do all day?
Goes to work.
What kind of work?
His office.  He works on people's teeth.
What is your favorite thing about Mommy?
I love how her hair is colored and her shirt is pretty.  I love her because she smells good.
What does Mommy do all day?
Clean the dishes and wash the laundry.  Take care of Stella, Nora and Liam.
What is your favorite thing to learn about?
I like to learn about creation.

What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is the Rapunzel book.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
I'm not going to grow up.  I'm just going to stay four.
I want to be a woman.
And do what?
I don't want to be a grown up.  I just want to stay four.
What is your favorite thing to do with the family?
Read books.
What is your favorite activity to do?
To learn about the bible.
What's your favorite thing about the bible?
Mary.
Why Mary?
(Silence).
What kind of things do you like to color?
Princess things.
Who is Jesus?
Our Help.  He's a son.   
Who's son? God's son.
What does he help us do?
Share.
Anything else?
Have fun.
What did Jesus do?
He take care of us and he loved us.  (epiphany) He died!
He's the Lord Jesus Christ.
What do you think its going to be like to be four?
Have a birthday and clean up.
What are you excited about doing now that you are four?
Jumping high in the sky.........(short pause)......
I think that is enough now.

To be honest, she wasn't all that interested in being interviewed.  At first she was answering all excitedly, but she quickly got tired and wanted to resume coloring!  It'll be fun to compare this to what she has to say next year!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I did this with London this morning-- her fourth birthday! I am going add some of your questions and see if she'd be up for answering some more for me now...