Friday, October 28, 2011

On the Web

Here are some things that I've been enjoying on the Internet lately.  Just some things that I thought I would share to hopefully brighten your day:

1.  Pandora:  I know this website has been around for several years now, and it is probably SOOOO 2009, but I have really been enjoying it on my iPhone while riding in the car.  Here are several stations that I've been listening to over the past few months.  Check them out:

-Andrew Peterson radio station
-Waterdeep worship radio station
-Adele radio station
-The Civil Wars radio station
-Brian Regan radio station

One other thing I want to say about these Pandora stations is that Jonathan and I have come across some really great new artists by listening to these stations.  We'll be listening to something and are intrigued by a song or artist, so we've broadened our music listening even more!  Love it!

2. Pinterest:  Almost everyone is on board with this new website, and I must say that I absolutely LOVE Pinterest.  I usually only get to browse it while I am nursing Stella, so I am glad that I downloaded the Pinterest app for my iPhone.  I have come across TONS of great recipes (many of which I have actually TRIED!), some great decorating ideas, craft and fun activities for the kids, and much, much more.

3. I am really trying to do some planning for this coming Christmas season, and I have really had a desire to start implementing some new family traditions.  One that I want to start this Christmas is an advent calendar that I do with the kids, including learning about the Christmas story and fun activities to go along with that.  So, I've been doing lots of searching online for great ideas in this regard.  I thought I would share some websites I've found in case you want to look into them:

Confessions of a Homeschooler's Advent Activity List

Advent Gift Boxes

Tons of Christmas Ideas from I Can Teach My Child

Christmas Countdown including a breakdown of the Christmas Story in the Bible

I am planning to put a few ideas together to personalize our Advent calendar, and I am sure I will come across more great ideas as the season approaches.  Next on my list is to find an Advent calendar.  I am trying to find one with the little boxes you open up, so if you know where I can find one, please give a shout out!

4.  When the Milkshake Runs Low is another article by Rachel Jankovic on the Feminagirls.com website.  Rachel is the author of Loving the Little Years, a book about motherhood and having young children that I read recently.  She is such a gifted writer and such a blessing to mothers who can relate to having lots of little ones around, fighting for joy and wisdom.

That's all for now!  I'll try to share some of the awesome recipes I've come across on Pinterest soon!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Thanks for sharing, Casey!