Friday, October 21, 2011

This Morning...

....I am enjoying having my dear friend (and former next-door neighbor) Anne and her son Dillon in our home.  They are passing through town and spent the night with us.  We have enjoyed cups of coffee, lazy breakfast-making, and lots of conversation this morning about the trivial and significant.

....My children are playing with a dear, precious little friend.

....I am anticipating being reunited with our Care Group family.  We missed our last one because we were on our way to Disney World, so it's literally been a month since we've been with everyone.  I can't wait until tonight.

....I am loving the cooler, Fall weather that is in effect right now.  In fact, last night was so cold I had to drag in my newly planted mums so they wouldn't freeze and die.

....I really need to go to the grocery store.  Seriously.  I am out of butter, coffee creamer, juice, and a plethora of other things.  I do have peanut butter, so we're not hopeless yet!

....I can't stop thinking about the book Loving the Little Years by Rachel Jankovic.  This little, yet powerful, book has really effected me in ways I didn't even realize.  There are some really helpful and thought-provoking things in the book that I keep coming back to.  I can tell this is a book I will read through often as a mother of many little ones.  Check it out!


"The discipline does work.  We are making progress with our children.  And if you have been faithfully repenting of your own failures and looking for chances to grow, you are making progress too.  You might feel just as tired, but you are now running ten miles instead of two blocks."

....Stella is officially rolling from her back to her belly.  Sweet thang!

Praying your morning is going well and that are aware of the precious, sweet grace of God in your life today!

No comments: