Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Right Now

Right now, I am really wishing it was nap time.  Not that my kids are misbehaving.  They aren't.  They are actually being really good today and are a joy to be around.  It's just that I'm tired.

Right now, the rain isn't helping.  It's overcast and lightly raining.  Perfect nap weather. Period.

Right now, to distract the children who don't seem to care that nap time is still 1.5 hours away, I blew up some balloons and they are so happily entertaining themselves and laughing hysterically.  In fact, Liam is trying to roll himself on the balloon.  It's quite interesting to watch.

Right now, I am very thankful for the 32 oz. Coca-cola I stopped to pick up for myself from Weigel's on my way home from ballet.  There is something about an ice cold fountain Coke!

Right now, I'm thinking I'm going to go pop a bag of popcorn and sit on the couch with the kiddos for a little bit while we veg in front of a show they like. 

Right now, I am rocking it in my grey sweatshirt and fluffy socks.  I do have on jeans and not sweatpants, so I am not a total slob.  But, those sweatpants do sound nice.  Hmmmm....hold on.

Right now, I am thankful for the baby in my womb that I am feeling more and more each day.  The baby who is probably responsible for why I am feeling more tired today.  What a gift.  Oop...there she was.  Kick. Kick.

Right now, I am thankful for the little things: lunch time with my kiddos, Coca-cola in big foam cups, laughter and the sound of little feet on tile floor, and knowing that my husband is loving his job, working hard, and coming home to enjoy some time with us in just a few hours.  So undeserving!

No comments: