Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Isaiah 43

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and through the rivers,
they shall not overwhelm you.
when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned,
and the flam shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

[. . .]

"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor shall there be any after me.
I, I am the Lord,
and besides me there is no savior.
I declared and saved and proclaimed,
when there was no strange god among you;
and you are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and I am God."

[. . .]

Thus says the Lord,
whom makes a way in the sea,
a path in the mighty waters,
who brings forth chariot and horse,
army and warrior;
they lie down, they cannot rise,
they are extinguished, quenched like a wick:
"Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.
The wild beasts will honor me,
the jackals and the ostriches,
for I give water in the wilderness,
rivers in the desert,
to give drink to my chosen people,
the people whom I formed for myself that the might declare my praise."


We serve and kind and powerful God!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really needed this today...thank you, girlie!