Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nine Week Growth Spurt

Well, it appears that our little Stella is having another growth spurt.  I think she had one around week 5 or 6, but that one wasn't nearly as obvious as the one she is currently going through.  Starting on Thursday, I noticed that she was eating much more at each feeding.  I think she nursed on both sides for every meal.  Early Friday morning, she woke at 5:00 am--which is much earlier than her "usual"--so, I fed her then, woke her for the day at 9:30 am, and we nursed every 2.5 hours all day yesterday.  Again, she nursed on both sides each time throughout the day.  Stella also slept nearly all day yesterday.  She usually doesn't take a great nap in the morning (only about 45 minutes), but she slept for nearly two hours.  Even in the evening when she usually is restless and not taking great naps, she slept very soundly.  That definitely confirmed to me that she is/was growing.  Last night, I nursed her at 11:00 pm, then she woke at 1:30 am and 5:50 am to eat.  Both middle of the night feedings she ate vigorously, but only on one side.  This is very unlike her sleep habits, so all signs point to a growing girl!

It seems that our girl is definitely needing to eat more so that she can keep growing!  I document this purely for my own information and future use (if needed), but perhaps it can help any of you who are questioning if your little one is experiencing a growth spurt, too.  I know that it looks different for every baby and that growth spurts occur at different times for each child. 

Have I mentioned that I think my baby girl is getting too big too fast?  This growth spurt isn't helping me deal with how quickly she is changing.  Slow down, STELLA!!!!

No comments: