Wednesday, November 16, 2011

.....Update.....

So, I have totally fallen off of the 30 Days of Thanks bandwagon because last week was insanely busy, but I have been taking pictures, and I do hope to start back up soon.  In the meantime, I wanted to give an update on Liam's sleeping.  I just want to give PRAISE to the Lord for what I believe to be an answer to prayer.  My prayers.  Our prayers.  Your prayers.  God's grace and mercy.  Shortly after I posted about Liam's sleeping patterns and suspicions of night terrors, things suddenly changed!  It started with one night where he didn't wake up. That was HUGE!  He woke up once or twice the following night, but then the night after that he slept through.  Then he slept all night again!

It's been at least 4 nights since he's woken in the middle of the night.  I spoke with him a few days ago in a casual conversation about how when he screams really loudly and shrieks, that it scares Momma and makes her think that something is really wrong with him.  I don't know if he understood me, but the past few mornings when he wakes up, he isn't screaming, but is calling for me very calmly. 

As far as any changes that we've made that may have contributed to this, all I can say is that we are "trying" to limit how much sugar and chocolate he has a few hours before bedtime.  Not that we have candy and dessert every night, but sometimes we do, so we've been trying to cut that out.  But, at our last Care Group Liam had a rice krispy treat, a piece or two of Halloween candy, and pink lemonade.  As we were putting him to bed, I reminded Jonathan of what he'd had so we both thought we'd be up with him that night.  But, we weren't. 

Seriously, the only explanation for this drastic change in his sleeping is the Lord.  I really believe in God's faithfulness and answering our prayers.  So, thank you for your input, your care, and your prayers.  I know Liam will have more restless nights and possible night terrors, but I am so thankful for the improvement we have seen.  And I know that even on sleepless nights, the Lord will sustain us.

No comments: